Welcome to Episode 23! In this episode I begin by sharing some cute projects for Easter. Then I give you updates on the garments I have been making. I end with a presentation of a great reference I just received which I foresee will help me create some great future projects!
Welcome to Episode 22. Today I start out by sharing with you some of the highlights of my first year of vlogging. I share some old projects and update you on my projects that I continue to press on with. I also share some crafty plans for the immediate future. Thanks for watching!
Welcome to Episode 21! It is hard to believe that we are already beginning the third month of this year! In this episode I present some projects that I have completed and several that I have recently started. I continue to keep my eyes open for new ideas for our projects for the In Harmony Mal that is being hosted on this channel! Show notes to be posted soon!
Welcome to Episode 20! In this episode I share some of my jewelry makes, the results of the remaking of my Homebody Sweater, and some new projects I have on the go. I also share with you my word for the year and how I plan to keep in touch with it during the year.
In this episode, I start by sharing projects that we made to commemorate Saint Valentine's Day. I also take the big step of hosting my first Make-a-long. You can also see how I have progressed on my WIP's!
What hand-made item am I wearing?
1) I am wearing one of my finished objects for this episode. It is a mixed-media and multi-craft bib necklace. For a detailed photo tutorial on how to create one of these necklaces, check my latest blog post.
1) I share a second multi-media multi-craft heart pendant. This is actually the piece that I create during the photo-tutorial that I prepared for this project.
Works in progress:
1) I recently began the Sea Lace Top by Rebecca Averill. This is a free pattern that can be found on Ravelry. I started with a chain of 122 stiches. I used the same amount of stitches the designer suggests with a 3.25 mm hook until I split for the sleeves. Then I continued with a 3.5 mm hook because I wanted it to be a little boxy. The yarn is a 50% silk/ 50% Yak in sport weight, in the colorway Persimmon and is from Heavenly Flower Design. I am half-way through the body.
2) The Homebody Sweater is back on my hook. The sweater is a free pattern from http://www.megmadewithlove.com I am making it with a 6.5 mm hook by joining Comfy Cotton by Lionbrand with the minis from my 12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar by Crafternoontreats. I didn't have enough cotton yarn for the sleeves and I the first time around I finished the sweater by using the sock yarn double, but was never satisfied with the look. So I purchased one more ball of the cotton, frogged the sleeves, and am completing them in the same way I completed the body, except for the textured rows. !
3) I have been playing a lot with planned color pooling and am fascinated!
All my experiments have been frogged because catching onto the technique has taken time. But I hope to make cushions, wall art and a cardigan before the year is over!
For commercial yarns that felt see:
In this second episode of 2018, I share projects from 2018 that I have completed and a new garment I started.
Welcome and Happy New Year! In this first episode of 2018, I share the screen, once again, with Clarisabeth of the Crochetcakes podcast. Together we reflect on our crafty achievements for 2018 and give an update on our last makes of 2018 and the WIPS we have carried over to 2019.
This episode presents updates on crochet projects that I have been working on. I have finished crochet projects and have started new ones. I have some needle felting projects to share with you also. This is the last episode of 2018! Thanks for watching!
My first video after a Thanksgiving vacation in the USA. I share details of my meet-ups with some other podcasters and friends, as well as my finished crochet projects: a hat, boots, sweaters and socks. I have also completed some felting projects.
Welcome to Episode 14 of the Mind and Muse Crochet and other Crafts podcast. In this video I share the current crochet projects that I am working on, some of them nearly complete.
Video show notes are under construction.
About 10 years ago I discovered that there was a crafty side to me. Since then, there have even been times when I considered taking up crafting as a full time job. But, I guess that is something I have heard most people who practice some craft say. Someday... one day... Until then... I guess I'll just blog about it. Thanks for being part of the crafty side of my life!