In this episode, I start by sharing projects that we made to commemorate Saint Valentine's Day. I also take the big step of hosting my first Make-a-long. You can also see how I have progressed on my WIP's!
What hand-made item am I wearing?
1) I am wearing one of my finished objects for this episode. It is a mixed-media and multi-craft bib necklace. For a detailed photo tutorial on how to create one of these necklaces, check my latest blog post.
1) I share a second multi-media multi-craft heart pendant. This is actually the piece that I create during the photo-tutorial that I prepared for this project.
Works in progress:
1) I recently began the Sea Lace Top by Rebecca Averill. This is a free pattern that can be found on Ravelry. I started with a chain of 122 stiches. I used the same amount of stitches the designer suggests with a 3.25 mm hook until I split for the sleeves. Then I continued with a 3.5 mm hook because I wanted it to be a little boxy. The yarn is a 50% silk/ 50% Yak in sport weight, in the colorway Persimmon and is from Heavenly Flower Design. I am half-way through the body.
2) The Homebody Sweater is back on my hook. The sweater is a free pattern from http://www.megmadewithlove.com I am making it with a 6.5 mm hook by joining Comfy Cotton by Lionbrand with the minis from my 12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar by Crafternoontreats. I didn't have enough cotton yarn for the sleeves and I the first time around I finished the sweater by using the sock yarn double, but was never satisfied with the look. So I purchased one more ball of the cotton, frogged the sleeves, and am completing them in the same way I completed the body, except for the textured rows. !
3) I have been playing a lot with planned color pooling and am fascinated!
All my experiments have been frogged because catching onto the technique has taken time. But I hope to make cushions, wall art and a cardigan before the year is over!
For commercial yarns that felt see: