What hand-made item am I wearing?
1) I am wearing one of my finished objects for this episode. It is a amethyst gemstone ring, made by wire-wrapping a gemstone bead using craftwire. I am also wearing an amethyst gemstone necklace formed by stringing extra-large gemstone chips with beading wire. I also show some wire-wrapped pendants that I worked up recently.
1) The Homebody Sweater is back off my hook. The sweater is a free pattern from http://www.megmadewithlove.com I had it with a 6.5 mm hook by joining Comfy Cotton by Lionbrand with the minis from my 12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar by Crafternoon Treats but I didn't have enough cotton yarn for the sleeves. So I purchased one more ball of the cotton, frogged the sleeves, and redid them. I added a short cuff to the ends of my sleeves that were not in the original pattern.
2) Crochet zippered pouch:
Was made by Clarisabeth of the crochetcakes using acylic yarn and her own pattern.
Some videos (in spanish) that you can watch to learn how to crochet a zipper to your work:
Works in progress:
1) I continue to work on Sea Lace Top by Rebecca Averill. This is a free pattern that can be found on Ravelry. I started with a chain of 122 stiches. I used the same amount of stitches the designer suggests with a 3.25 mm hook until I split for the sleeves. Then I continued with a 3.5 mm hook because I wanted it to be a little boxy. The yarn is a 50% silk/ 50% Yak in sport weight, in the colorway Persimmon and is from Heavenly Flower Design. I have completed the body. As per the pattern, I am only missing crocheting around the neckband to bring it in. But I also want to lengthen the sleeve caps to create a sleeve. Hoping I will have enough yarn to complete.
2) I began a Jessica Shawl, a pattern by BobWilson123. I am using Lion Brands Shawl in a Ball in the colorway Peaceful Earth.
3) I am making a Popcorn and Lace Granny Square using 7 strands of StyleCraft Special DK. I am hoping that this will create a square large enough to be used as a bathroom rug.
4) I have chosen my word of the year: Authentic. I plan on crocheting the letters to form a wall art. The font I am using was created by Emily of thehomeMAKErbyEmily on Etsy. It is her Angels and rainbows Font.
5) The Mind and Muse Podcast is running it's first Make A Long called the In Harmony MAL. For this event I ask those who wish to make along with me to create a project using more than one craft. A group for this podcast has been created on Ravelry named .. You can find the group by choosing the Group button on Ravelry and the searching for "mind and muse crafts". Please join me there where I have created two threads: one where you can introduce yourself and talk a bit about the different crafts you practice. The second thread is a chatter thread for the make-a-long where you can talk about your ideas, look for inspiration, ask questions, or comment on the makes of others. I will be opening the Finished Objects Thread where you can list your finished projects soon! There is bundle for the group on Ravelry that gives links to Ravelry projects that use more than one craft. I have also created a board on Pinterest with other links that are not necessarily on Ravelry. You can go to Pinterest and search for people using "mindandmusecrafts" to access my page and my boards. Or just type in the google search address