In this episode I chat about finished objects, some that I hadn’t started and that I wasn’t even thinking of starting the last time we spoke. Hence, the title, impulsive crochet. I have plenty of new projects on my hooks but I am keeping my newest plans a secret for now. Believe me when I say that I am excited about projects to come.
Projects, patterns and yarns mentioned in this episode:
Walking the talk:
1) For this episode, I am wearing a crochet choker. I wanted to display a pendant I had crocheted months ago on a choker so I based the neck band on the pattern found at http://www.kreinik.com/shops/Bridal-B... then attached the pendant with a jump ring. I added a purchased closure at the back.
End of the Line:
1) “Just Chillin” socks are now complete. I used a different yarn for the cuff that I was gifted by Kathryn of Crafternoon Treats (crafternoontreats.com). The socks are loosely based on the My Sweet Socks pattern. The toe is a pattern by Clarisabeth of The Crochetcakes podcast. Check her website (https://crochetcakes.com/blog/) to see when she uploads the free pattern. The other sock measurements are based on My Sweet Socks pattern, continuing the foot pattern on the leg and leaving out the cupcake pattern.
2) Summertide Slip-ons: https://makeanddocrew.com/how-to-croc... Following this free pattern, I have made the shoes using Sanibel Yarn (42% Cotton, 58% Viscose) in the French Lavender colorway held double. This is a discontinued yarn.
3) Mama Moonbag: This is a new paid-for bag pattern by Emily of https://www.makeeshop.com/ I have used 5 mm cotton macramé chord that I purchased from Amazon and a 10 mm hook. I removed that handle from an old purse, but of course, you can purchase one of you prefer. Lining is optional and I have not yet decided if I will line mine of not.
I am working on three garments at the moment:
1) The Cross-stitched top crochet pattern is a paid-for pattern that can be found at https://www.darngoodyarn.com/products....
I am using Quince & Co Sparrow (sport weight organic linen) in the colorways: Little fern, Sans and Buttercup. I am using a 2.25 mm crochet hook. The pattern only has one size, S/M. I discuss my many mishaps with the pattern not due to an improper pattern but to my misunderstanding of the pattern.
2) The Summertime Tank is a crochet summer top for beginners that can be found at http://tlycblog.com/the-summertime-ta...
I am making the smallest size using Lionbrand’s Comfy Cotton in the Cloud Nine colorway using a 5mm crochet hook. I will probably make the top a bit longer.
My Dream Crochet
I am working on a top using the extended single crochet stitch and a cable pattern in the middle. It will most likely be a seamed garment. I am working the Summer Bouquet colorway from Forbidden Fiber Co. (www.forbiddenfiberco.com/) in their cotton/linen blend.