Walking the talk
1) I am modeling for you today a pair of Crochet Doily Earrings that were gifted to me by a viewer of this podcast who was my Doily Exchange Partner for last year. These earring along with 3 other pairs and 3 doilies came all the way from Australia. I am asking for you to join me in prayers for Australia and the bad time they are having with the uncontrollable bush fires! If you are in a position to help financially there are several organizations that you can contact.
1) Baby Yoda Amigurimi patterns can be found on many pages of the Internet. I followed a pattern at
The author has mentioned that she has been asked to take the pattern down, so I don’t know for how long you will be able to access it. I made my Baby Yoda using StyleCraft Special DK in pistachio, Ricorumi cotton (for the robe) and StyleCraft Esckimo yarn. I used a 2.5 mm hook and the doll measures about 6 in.
2) My Pom-pom Bathroom Rug was completed recently. I used 6 balls of Pomp-a-doodle yarn by Red Heart in the colorway Quirky. The yarn is actually slip stitched to a rug backing. I used a 5 mm hook and basically followed a pattern by Yarnspirations.
1) Planned Pooling Argyle hat is a pattern by Marly Bird and can be found at yarnspirations.
I am using the recommended yarn that is Red Heart with Love Lemon Drop and a 5 mm hook.
2) Go with the flow Mandala is also a free pattern that also has a Ravelry page.
On Ravelry you can open the project pages and see the many different ways that it has been made.I am using DMC Petra 100% cotton in a deep pink color with a 2.25 mm hook.
3) I began a pair of crochet socks using laceweight yarn that is 80% Corriedale/Polwarth and 20% nylon. The yarn was dyed by Kathryn of Crafternoon Treats. I have lost the ball band so can no longer name the colorway. I am using the Rundle Sock pattern by Addydae Desings. The largest size has 56 stiches but I am trying to adapt the pattern for 60 stitches (because of the lace weight yarn and 2.5 mm hook). I have finished the toe and they are fitting well so far.
On my Radar
1) I would like to join in on the Mission Impossible Mal hosted by the Cozy Cottage Crochet. I selected a crochet colorwork pattern called Taroko by Nomad Stitches.
and a Cabled peplum Tee by Two Brothers Blankets.
2) I would also like to participate in the Find it, Finish it or Frog it Along hosted by Lynn Rowe on Instagram. Lynn is a knitting and crochet designer, a tech editor, a blogger and author. She is the_woolnest on Instagram and @thewoolnest on Facebook and Twitter. To join, simple post to Instagram using the hashtag #fffalong2020 and tag @the_woolnest. I’ve got several WIPs that I really want to press-on with.