Walking the talk:
1) For this episode, I am wearing
a. crochet sphere earrings that incorporate the pattern for a crochet sphere found at https://mspremiseconclusion.wordpress...
2) the Summer Mesh Top , a design by bobwilson123. This was the first top that Clarisabeth made for me using a pattern found at https://www.bobwilson123.org/summer-m...
End of the Line:
1) Off the beat socks by Marta Mitchell. I was working these as a test, but ran out of the main colorway, Explosive Material by Goosey Fiber. The colorway has been retired so I have tried to purchase a similar colorway by Craftily Dyed Yarn to finish it off. I worked the size medium with a 3.5 mm hook.
2) Jemima Inspired Socks are based on Jemima by Kay Jones. The original pattern has been slightly modified, not because it has any faults, but because I wanted to make a toe up sock using a crochet toe. The yarn is Blue Sea Glass by Melissa Dawn Wool Artist (now Acorn Willows). It is 85 % SWM and 15% Donegal. The contrasting heel and toe were created using stash scraps.
3) I also completed the Summer Hat for the Summer of Romance Cal which is hosted by the Crochetluna and the Crochetcakes podcasts. This year’s theme is “Opposites Attract” and I have chosen Phryne Fisher and Jack Robinson, from the Australian crime series titled Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries. I have made a crochet summer hat in the colors grey (for Jack’s suit) and white (Phryne wears a lot of white). The pattern I am using is a free pattern that can be found at http://interunet.com/crochet-summer-h...
4) A new project that I started and completed over the last two weeks was the Large Summer Basket found at https://persialou.com/large-crochet-b.... I used 6 skeins of LionBrand Hometown USA held double. Colorways used Chicago Charcoal (4) and Fayetville Frost (3). I used the basket to display my word of the year.
The only project still on my hooks are the Chilling in July socks. I am making up the patter as I go along. I began this project on the 4th of July in anticipation of my 57th birthday. The umbrella toe is a design by Clarisabeth of crochetcakes.com. The yarn is the June Sockclub by Crafternoon Treats (crafternoontreats.com), which starred “Away with the Faeries” as the main colorway. The contrasting heel, toe and cuff were constructed in a mini that was gifted to me by Kathryn of Crafternoon Treats. She has offered to send me additional yarn to complete the cuffs. I am hooking my socks using a 3.25 mm hook with 49 stitches for the foot and cuff and 53 stitches for the heel and leg.