Projects, patterns and yarns mentioned in this episode:
1) I wrote up a pattern for a beaded shirt collar (not a Peter Pan collar, but the one you would find on a dress shirt). I will be giving it a second go before I publish it to my blog. Once I am sure it works correctly, I will publish it in a post to my blog at https://www.mindandmusecrafts.com for your free access.
The collar I am wearing in this episode was hooked using a 3.5 and 3 mm hook with Lino Royal yarn, which is a linen/rayon/cotton blend.
2) The Case of Treasure Island is one of my entries to the Summer of Romance 2018: Bad boys and girls we love CAL. This cal is hosted by Clarisabeth of the crochetcakes podcast and Claudia of the crochetluna podcast. This make is a shawl that was created based on The Treasure Island Shawl from Hannah of the Cozy Cottage Crochet podcast. Since I was looking to connect the shawl to my bad boy, Sherlock Holmes, I chose a yarn named 221B dyed by Little Bean Loves Yarn, and two natural dyed yarns; one an eco-printed sock blank by ninjachickens and another sock yarn I dyed last year using red onion skins and rambutan stones. With my yarn choices, I was trying to add Sherlock’s knowledge of Chemistry to the design. In addition, I added Fibonnacci Stripes (based on the mathematical Fibonacci sequence) and because of this, I had to modify Hannah’s original design a bit. There was no fault in the original pattern, but I needed to incorporate the stripes. The Treasure Island Shawl is a paid for pattern that can be found on Ravelry.
Works in progress:
1) Sherlock’s Scarf is another of my entries for the Summer of Romance 2018 CAL. It is a free pattern by BlushingNewb. I am knitting the scarf in Cascade Yarns Eco + in the Legion Blue (3103) colorway using 4.5 mm circular needles.
2) Convergence Top is a crochet top by Linda Skuja which was originally published in Interweave Crochet Spring 2014. It is currently available as a paid for pattern on Ravelry. I am using Noro Taiyo yarn .
3) I present another test knit for my Sweet Crochet Sock design, this time using a cotton blend for socks by Regia in the Tutti Frutti/dragonfruit colorway. I present a shortie sock option using a cotton blend self patterning and including a ruffled cuff.