1) Last episode I mentioned that I had wrote up a pattern for a beaded shirt collar (not a Peter Pan collar, but the one you would find on a dress shirt). I gave it a second go and then published it to my blog at https://www.mindandmusecrafts.com for your free access. The collar I am wearing in this episode was hooked using a 3.5 and 3 mm hook with DROPS BELLE unicolour yarn, which is a 53% cotton/ 33 % viscose and 14% linen blend.
2) I worked on a test crochet for Addydae Designs using SIRDAR Snuggly Baby Bamboo; a DK bamboo sourced Viscose and wool blend. The pattern I tested should be available soon.
3) I completed another test knit for my Sweet Crochet Sock design, this time using a cotton blend for socks by Regia in the Tutti Frutti/dragonfruit colorway. I present a pair of shorty socks using this cotton blend (which is self patterning). This version includes a ruffled cuff. The pattern will be available on https://www. mindandmusecrafts.com for the Crochet Circle Sockalong 2018.
4) I shared my FIRST KNIT socks. I followed sockmatitian’s basic sock recipe and used a 80%merino/10% cashmere/10%nylon blend dyed by Little Bean Loves Yarn. Colorway is the Exploding Tardus. I completed them on magic loop using 2.25 mm needles.
5) I have been working on flip flop key chain charms. You can find a tutorial for both patterns on YouTube at https://youtu.be/jgX07BdFxY4 and https://youtu.be/mUQ2-zRipAs . Both tutorials are in Portuguese but have subtitles in English, making them easy to follow.
6) I share the result of a new pattern: a miniature sock. They could serve as a keychain charm or a tree ornament depending on the size of yarn and the size of hook used. The pattern will be written up as a free pattern on my blog in the future.
Works in progress:
1) Sherlock’s Shawl was meant to be an entry for the Summer of Romance 2018 CAL but wasn't finished in time. It is a free pattern by BlushingNewb. It is a pattern for an adult sized scarf that is knit in alternating sections of seed stitch and garter stitch. It is made in a blue colorway to mimic the scarf that Sherlock used throughout the BBC series. I am knitting the scarf in Cascade Yarns Eco + in the Legion Blue (3103) colorway using 4.5 mm circular needles.
2) I share two wool painting that I have been working on. The will be small wool hangings once they are done. The first one is a view of a mermaid sitting on a stone near the ocean. The second is a view of sheep on a meadow.
I mention wanting to make the Alpaca Love C2C blanket by Jess of makeanddocrew.com.
1) I will be collaborating with Clarisabeth of the crochetcakes podcast to offer a sock size project bag with 3 10-gram mini’s in three colors to create the cupcake pattern in my crochet sock design. This bag will be available for the Sockalong that will be hosted by Fay of the crochetcircle podcast. The Sockalong begins on September 29th, 2018. The bag will be available at https://www.etsy.com/shop/DaintybyCrochetcakes during September.
2) Melissa of https://melissadawnwoolartist.com, Claudia of crochetluna podcast and Clarisabeth of crochetcakes podcast will be hosting a 12 days of Christmas Advent Calendar. The collection will include a Christmas themed sock project bag, 12 20-g mini skeins, a Christmas themed crochet pin, one of my mini-socks on a mini sock blocker and some other goodies. Pre-orders will be opening soon.